Why does Sex have to be a Game?

|
This may come as a complete surprise to some, but I, as a young, red blooded male, do not seem to have very much luck with women. Or, more specifically, I do not seem to have much luck actually obtaining sex.

Oh sure, I can attract homosexuals and 14-17 year old girls, but as I am neither homosexual or interested in going to jail, these don't do much for me.

Unsurprisingly, I have looked into "Game", and even read quite a bit into the whole "PUA" scene. Some live by it, others despise and derail it, whilst a few "industry professionals" make some big bucks on the whole ordeal.

I'm not really centering this post on whether or not "Game" is real, or if and/or how it works, as plenty of other sites and blogs do a pretty good job of that.

I'm actually more interested in questioning why it even has to exist in the first place. Basically my question is this:

Why does something as important and universally influential as "love" and "mating" have to be reduced to a "game"?

As I look through sites such as Roissy and Roosh V, which both contain plenty of very good insights, I might add, I have to wonder if it's all even worth it.

The entire social construct of our civilization seems to have mutated into some form of bizarre, zero-sum minded game of tug-o-war. Whenever I go out, I see people absorbed into their cyberworlds via iPod, cellphone, or [insert name of overpriced gadget here]. Or they're zooming by in a vehicle or just plain completely unreceptive to any type of social inquiry. Even on the internet most people seem to think that socializing is just another means of gaining something, or manipulating someone.

And, obviously, this mode of thinking has worked its way into even one of our most intimate activities: mating.

It's all just a big game now. A bunch of fake people competing against each other in fake "imaginary" contests to see who can be the most deciptively fake of all, and thus garner people's fake affection and attention.

Okay, maybe the guidos are a bit of an extreme example, but my point remains.

Obviously, I don't believe that the guys telling you to buy into the books, DVD's, seminars, and what not on "official" game is worthwhile. But the guys on the other side who are telling you to "get your act together and act upright" aren't really saying anything new either.

"Work your job, conform to the society around you, and you'll be fine."

 As if there aren't enough examples of "regular joes" who've "got their act together" being forever branded as a "nice guy" or "friend-zoned."

Honestly, it's all just another way of pedestalizing women.  As if that doesn't happen enough.



If it isn't a "beta" male throwing money and flowers at her, its an "alpha" male using his time to chase tail. All just different versions of the same thing. Or just one of us "omegas" standing on the sidelines wondering what the hell everyone's problem is.

No thank you. I would rather just play my musical instrument of choice, travel, meet people, and have as much fun as I can in this god forsaken dystopia before I die. Whether sex comes my way or not, I no longer really care.

0 comments:

Post a Comment